Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Jackline Kezabu - Early Pregnancy and HIV / AIDS Prevention, 2014

PROPOSAL FOR THE ROBERT’S COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP

PROJECT TITLE: EARLY PREGNANCY AND HIV / AIDS


Section 1: Introduction

          My name is Kezabu Jackline. I am a 19 year old, second year student nurse at Fort portal international Nursing school (FINS). My ambition is to be a nurse so I may help my fellow youth. Especially female teenagers, to fight against early pregnancy and HIV/AIDS. This will help them to achieve a bright future and live a good life.

Section 2: Background of the Writer

          I love getting involved in community work, reading books especially about social life and playing volley ball and also watching movies. I come from a poor family with a single mother having lost my father at an early age. My mother struggles to pay for my school fees and I am also struggling to study hard in order to better my family's future.
2
      Section 3: Background on The Project
          
          The youth in Uganda especially the girl child are most vulnerable and hardly finish high school due to early pregnancies and often acquire HIV/Aids in the process. It is very painful to become a child mother infected with HIV/AIDS. Having been born to a young mother myself I understand the suffering it can cause. Due to my mother being too young to work, we suffered from the lack of money during my childhood. Many girls due to peer pressure, lack of proper peer education, lack of basic needs, and lack of parental counseling and guidance,  end up indulging in unprotected sex and they end result of being pregnant or acquiring HIV/AIDs or both. This cause a lot of suffering, it is hard for child to raise a child.

Goals / objectives of the budget
  •      To improve on sexual awareness thus help to reduce the spread of HIV/Aids
  •      To help young females to avoid early pregnancy
  •      To involve the youth stay in school so as to have a bright future.
  •      To involve the youth to solve their own problems
  •      To prevent the suffering of child mother’s

Proposed intervention

          For us to implement this project we shall conduct the following activities. We shall sensitize secondary students and other youth’s in villages about the dangers of unprotected sex, early sex, early pregnancy. Through dance we shall also involve the youth into discussions to find out the reasons why they involve themselves in early sexual activities and get the way forward.

Expected outcome

After doing the  above mentioned activities we expect the following;
  • Youths especially females will stay in school, focusing on studies.
  • The project will help reduce the spread of HIV/Aids and early pregnancy
  • The project will help to have responsible mothers in future and reduce suffering among the infants.
  • The project will help the youth find solutions for their own problems through discussion and interaction

Conclusion

          I hope and pray that my project will be facilitated so that I can achieve my goal of being a responsible young nurse so as to help others achieve a bright future while am also improving my profession.
I remain as Kezabu Jackline

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete