Thursday, January 22, 2015

Masika Mirika - Midsemester Report

REPORT FOR THE PROJECT REDUCTION OF MATERNAL DEATH.



I am so grateful that my project was renewed. When I meet people now, I introduce myself as a certificate  midwife and diploma student midwife. This is an important profession in our country as we often have maternal deaths due to preventable ailments and conditions. By furthering my education, I am gaining more experience and knowing myself as an important person in the country because I am now part of the system addressing those health disparities.


Introduction: 


My project was composed of three sessions. The first session was conducted on November 14th and 15th in Bukwai. My meeting with the chairperson local council one (LCD) was conducted 14th Friday, November 2014, with the session day following on 15th Saturday.

Session 1:
Masika Mirika teaching about antenatal care Topic of the Day: Antenatal Care and Hospital Delivery

Discussion Points
  • ·     What is antenatal care.
  • ·      Advantages of antenatal care
  • ·      What is done during antenatal care
  • ·      How a woman should behave when pregnant
  • ·      Why hospital delivery.
  • ·      What a woman needs to deliver in the hospital


Session 2: Topic of the Day: Family PlanningMasika Mirika teaching about antenatal care

The second session was conducted in Njara village 19th December 2014 mobilisation and meeting the authority 20th December session.

Discussion Points

  • ·      Because mothers have endured poorer lives because of poor family planning
  • ·      Planning it took a lot of time and many questions. 
  • ·      What we talked about
  • ·      What family planning
  • ·      Disadvantages of having many children.
  • ·      Demonstration use of both male and female condoms
  • ·      What is true about the use of condoms and other family planning methods.


Session 3: Topic of the day. How woman can live healthy.

The third session was conducted in Butebe Village. On the 6th January 2015 mobilization and meeting the authorities occurred and on the 7th of January the session occurred.

Discussion Points 
Masika Mirika teaching breast-self examination
  •   Disease affecting women reproductive organs.
  • ·      UTIs
  • ·      Breast and Cervical cancer.
  • ·      Demonstrated how to do self-breast examination.
  • ·      Going for cervical cancer examination every 3 years without HIV/AIDS and ever year for HIV/AIDS infected women.


Acknowledgements

Thank you so much for considering me for sponsorship and helping me expand my practice and aid my community. May the work of your hands be blessed and may you live to grow grey hair.

Your Daughter
Masika Mirika Midwife.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete